How to Maximise Space in Small Kitchens: 6 Tips
Are you feeling frustrated by the lack of storage in your small kitchen? Are you looking for ways to make your kitchen space more efficient and enjoyable? Owners of small kitchens – you’ve come to the right place!
In this blog post, we explore six creative tips and tricks to maximise even the smallest kitchen spaces. With these small spaces kitchen ideas, you’ll be able to nurture a clutter-free zone. They will help you maximise efficiency and comfort in your limited space.
Remodelling or renovation ideas for small kitchens to save space
#1 Invest in Multi-Functional Furniture
The key to making the most of a small space kitchen is to choose furniture that is multi-functional and can be used for multiple purposes. For example, a kitchen island with a built-in stovetop or sink can offer an extra workstation and storage space.
Consider purchasing furniture pieces with hidden compartments or shelves inside them.
#2 Utilise Vertical Spaces
One of the best ways to make use of small, compact kitchens is to think vertically – literally! Hooks, caddies, and shelves are real kitchen space savers. Below are a few creative ways to reclaim some useful space in your space kitchen:
- Hang pots and pans on a rack above an island or countertop
- Hang a pegboard above the stove or sink
- Mount shelves on the walls or even hang mugs from hooks overhead
#3 Incorporate Drawer Organisers and Baskets for Small Kitchens
Installing drawer organisers, adjustable dividers and spice racks are great kitchen storage ideas for small kitchens. They don’t take up too much physical space in your kitchen cabinet. Utilise colour-coded baskets for fruits, vegetables, breads and snacks, so you can keep things neat and visually appealing. Having everything on display makes it easier to grab what you need quickly!
#4 Streamline Your Cleanup Station
Every well-functioning kitchen needs an efficient clean-up station, but this doesn’t have to take up much space! Try:
- swapping out your bulky dishwasher for a slim under-the-sink version instead;
- attaching slim rollaway cutting boards to your work surfaces;
- opting for shallow sinks with high sides; and
- choosing multi-purpose cleaning products so you don’t have to store multiple bottles beneath your countertops.
#5 Get Creative with Seating
Trying to fit seating into a small kitchen can be tricky, but it doesn’t have to be! Look for clever solutions like:
- foldable stools (that can easily be tucked away when not needed) or bench seating along one wall for less seating clutter
- banquette seating so you get plenty of room while taking up minimal floor space – perfect if you don’t have enough room for individual chairs around a table.
#6 Invest in custom-made kitchen cabinets for small kitchens
It might be time to do away with your small kitchen cupboards. A move towards custom kitchen cabinetry is probably one of the best ways to renovate small kitchen.
Custom kitchen cabinetry is an excellent way to make any small kitchen layout work, and this is due to its versatility and storage potential. Below are ways custom kitchen cabinets can truly revolutionise the way you use your small kitchen:
- designed specifically for the dimensions of your kitchen
- can be built to incorporate any extra kitchen space savers and storage solutions you may need
- can come with maximised features built-in, such as pull out drawers for easier access and full height cabinets for maximum interior capacity.
- best for any kitchen design for small space to suit your needs and preferences
- improves the overall look and feel of your small kitchen
- creates an elegant aesthetic that emphasises high-quality workmanship whilst keeping clutter out of sight.
Furthermore, by including unique details such as glass doors or intricate carvings, you can add a personal touch to your kitchen cabinetry whilst ensuring a timeless look that will last well into the future.
Let Mccoll Cabinet Makers help you make the most of your small kitchen!
If you’re feeling cramped in your kitchen, don’t worry as there are plenty of things you can do to remedy this. From clever storage solutions to innovative layout ideas, we’ve got you covered.
Consider hiring a professional renovation company like McColl Cabinetmakers. We help lessen your kitchen renovation cost while still delivering maximum results.
McColl Cabinetmakers has almost three decades of specialising in premium custom-made cabinetmaking and installation for interior renovations and new home fit-outs. Creating the perfect kitchen for you and your family is what we do best!