How To Plan A Kitchen Renovation During A Lock down
Since you’ve been spending more time at home and a lot more time in your kitchen no doubt, have you started to wonder how you could spruce it up?
Could you utilize more bench space? Can you make room for that dishwasher you’ve always wanted? Does the look and feel of your kitchen need a modern update?
These are all normal questions. And exciting questions too. Because at McColl Cabinetmakers we believe that your kitchen should be more than just a food preparation zone.
So if you’re starting to think about how to you tailor it to suit your needs then that’s an exciting milestone for you and your family, and we want to be part of it.
Where do I start?
Start by defining what would make the perfect kitchen for you. Somethings you might like to consider:
- What size space do you have to work with? Can it be expanded or will you stick to what’s already there?
- The ideal position of appliances. Do you want your dishwasher near your sink or more room beside your cooktop?
- Is there enough bench space already or would you like more?
- Is there enough storage space?
- The orientation of sunlight
- Your view from the main preparation space
- Where are your current service points? This may affect where you can place cabinets and appliances.
- Once you’ve thought through some logistical decisions you can start by looking for inspiration.
You might find inspiration on Pinterest, in magazines, or now that lockdown restrictions are starting to look you can visit our showroom in Raceview, Queensland.
Having a collection of inspiring images and samples can assist you greatly when it comes time to seek quotes for your project.
Can I start work straight away?
Yes. In Queensland, there are currently no restrictions about having one of our experienced professionals visit your home for a measure and quote.
At McColl Cabinetmakers, we abide by strict hygiene policies and all representatives have been declared fit and healthy before meeting with clients.
If you have some initial questions though feel free to give us a call or chat with us online via our website.
How do I know my kitchen will look exactly how I imagined it?
Our team can custom design kitchens and bathrooms to suit your individual needs. We can also offer a large selection of quality materials and accessories to suit your individual style and budget.
We also specialise in unique kitchen and bathroom design combining 3D design programs and the latest manufacturing and hardware technologies.
So once you’ve accepted our quote we will have your kitchen drawn up in our 3D design programs and you’ll be able to see exactly what you’ll be getting.
Then leave it up to us, we’ll arrange any other services you may need to get the job done.